Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Equalities & Additional Intervention
It is the policy of Venturers Trust that:
No student or employee will be discriminated against on any protected grounds (according to Equality legislation including the Equalities Act 2010) whatsoever. We are committed to providing a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of individuals are respected, and which is free from discrimination, prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment including bullying. This policy means that all students and employees of the Trust will study or work in an environment free form discrimination, prejudice and harassment or bullying.The Trust is committed to a programme of action to ensure that its policy is implemented and monitored at an organisation and individual Academy level.
Montpelier High school Values statement
As a school, Montpelier High School is a vibrant and diverse community, committed to striving for successful and positive outcomes for all our students. The Equality Act 2010 underpins our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). It lists the protected characteristics that we need to consider as age, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, ethnicity (race and nationality), religion and belief and sexual orientation However, we recognise that there are other areas that should be mindful of such as socio-economic disadvantage, care status (Looked After Children) and caring responsibilities (Young Carers).
Under the act we are required to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
We define equality, diversity and Inclusion in the following way:
Equality- ensuring that everyone has the same opportunity to succeed and achieve their aspirations.
We do this be addressing individual and the barriers that stand in their way. We respond to individual need and then take positive action to gain equality for members of groups with protected characteristics and others who have faced past discrimination, prejudice and stereotyping.
Diversity- ensuring that we celebrate difference rather than tolerate it. We do this by creating an environment where everyone feels valued and that they belong.
Inclusion- ensuring that everyone in our community can take a full part in the life of our setting. We regularly review the curriculum we offer, our information provision, our environment and all of our policies and practices to ensure that the barriers to participation are removed and that reasonable adjustments are made as well as arrangements for intervention and support.
At Montpelier High School we believe to be successful in terms of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, we aim to:
- Meet legal statutory duties with commitment from the leadership team and governors
- Have processes in place to review policies and practices
- Take positive action to gain a workforce that reflects the local community, and ensures the on-going well-being of that workforce
- Have a staff team trained to meet the needs of all the children
- Have strategies in place to monitor the outcomes of our students from all the equality groups and to close the gaps (e.g. in achievement, attendance, disadvantaged/PP, SEN-D)
- Engage effectively with equality communities and involve them in decision making
- Regularly review the curriculum and resources in relation to all protected characteristics
- Engage effectively with the range of parents/carers and local communities
- Have Student Voice at the heart of our work