Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
Pupil Premium & FSM
Free School Meals
The school encourages parents/carers to check their eligibility for Free School Meals (FSM). We also assure parents that all matters regarding the use of this fund are treated with discretion and in confidence.
If you believe you are eligible for Free School Meals we would strongly recommend that you apply as this will bring extra funding to the school which will in turn benefit your child. You can apply for FSM using this link:
https://www.bristol.gov.uk/schools-learning-early-years/free-school-meals. If you need any support in completing this form please do not hesitate in contacting your child’s Head of House.
Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)
The coalition government introduced the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) in September 2011 with the purpose of increasing the attainment and aspiration for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Specifically to increase social mobility, enable more students to attend top Universities and to reduce the attainment gap.
How we spend the funding
At Montpelier High School it is our overall aim to ensure that all Pupil Premium students receive high quality teaching and a personalised approach instead of relying on interventions to compensate for teaching that is less than good. We draw on research evidence (e.g. Sutton Trust toolkit) as well as our own evidence to help guide us in selecting the most appropriate strategy. Montpelier High School Pupil Premium students perform well nationally however it is our aim that the progress gap between Montpelier High School Pupil Premium and CGS non Pupil Premium students is closed.
Core Entitlements at Montpelier High School
Each year all Pupil Premium students will benefit from:
- High quality teaching and learning based on the Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme (TEEP).
- Priority and extra personalised focus from staff due to Appraisal Targets being linked to Pupil Premium Students.
- Staff knowing their Pupil Premium students and their barriers to learning so they are able to support individual needs through Provision Mapping.
- Staff being able to effectively and meaningfully reward and recognize positive behaviour, challenge negative behaviour and monitor progress through Class Charts.
- Being selected first and prioritised for opportunities such as leadership, workshops, trips, external events, school led strategies.
- 1 to 1 Careers interviews and guidance.
- Additional support and guidance from Heads of House and the Wellbeing team.
- Enhanced numeracy and literacy support.
- Quality Assurance of our school systems that places the impact on the progress of Pupil Premium student as the driving factor.
- A designated Senior Leader who has a clear overview of spending and who can ensure that the strategy is having maximum impact.
Additional Entitlements at Montpelier High School
Every year the Pupil Premium strategy is evaluated and adapted for the following academic year. In addition to the above entitlements additional strategies are put into place to support our Pupil Premium and FSM students. Alongside the additional strategies we also seek to approve bids and requests in order to support the funding of trips, equipment, extra curricular and other opportunities (priority will always be given to Free School Meal children). The strategy for the year can be found on the links below. There is an additional strategy for Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children.
|Pupil Premium Evaluation 2018-2019||14th Jan 2020||Download|
|PUPIL PREMIUM EVALUATION 2017-2018||03rd Dec 2018||Download|
|Pupil Premium Evaluation 2016-2017||16th Nov 2017||Download|
|Pupil Premium Strategy 2017-2018||13th Nov 2017||Download|
|Pupil Premium Strategy Self Evaluation 2019 2020||05th Feb 2021||Download|
|Pupil Premium Strategy 2019-2020||15th Jan 2020||Download|