Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Curie House identity is inspired by Marie Sklodowska Curie (1867 – 1934) an incredible Polish woman who made an enormous contribution to the world of science and medicine. She was the first woman to be awarded two Nobel Prizes, a Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903 and a Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1911. Marie Curie proved that women can do anything they put their minds to and has been a pioneer for women not only in Science but also in Academia more generally.
Curie House colour is Emerald which symbolises hope, renewal and growth. Our House Curie Emerald values are:
- Enthusiasm – We will approach activities with interest and we will always have a go
- Motivation – We always try our best and actively seek out new challenges
- Empathy – We are understanding towards others feelings and circumstances
- Respect – We are supportive and treat others as we would wish to be treated
- Assertiveness – We will confidently but appropriately stand up for ours and others rights
- Leadership – We will supportively guide other to achieve their very best
- Determination – We approach new challenges with purpose and support each other in not giving up
Miss Adams-Foot, Head of Curie House